All the Performance
Procedure to make if the law of the destination country requires a notary (a public official) for special activities. Therefore, it's not amenable to electronisation.
Nota : a sworn translation is just a phase in a legalisation procedure.
- Issued by the Secretary of State where the document was issued (on-line forms, self-addressed envelope...).
- See Apostille US
- See GovSite: The Special Commission noted the variety of means for affixing apostilles to the public document. “These means may include rubber stamp, glue, ribbons, wax seals, impressed seals, self-adhesive stickers, etc; When the apostille is attached to the public document as a separate document (referred to in the treaty as an “allonge”) these means may include glue, grommets, staples, etc. The Special Commission noted that all these means are acceptable under the Convention, and that, therefore, these variations cannot be a basis for rejection of apostilles.” “As regards apostilles to be issued for a multi-page document, the Special Commission recommended that the apostille be affixed to the signature page(s) of the document. When using an “allonge”, the apostille may be affixed to the front or the back of the document.”
Certificates of Apostille are Unavailable in Canada (no signatory of the Hague Apostille Convention (1961).
- See Read Seal Notary Services
- Document services Toronto
- Authentication Legalization Services Toronto
NOTA : In Australia, Authentication stamp has no legal effect and cannot be substituted for the Apostille.